Monday, October 17, 2011

Our Son.

This is not something that we are used to saying AT ALL. I am waiting for the moment that we say our son and V is right beside us. Everything is new, exciting and scary. If all works out as planned we should be meeting V later this week. We cannot even explain how much we want to just sit in the same room with him and hear him play and watch him move around. Every time that I walk down the hallway upstairs I think about how the room at the end of the hall is now the room for our son.


I truly understand how when people become parents all of the things that seemed so big and worrisome no longer matter. When Ms. M told us that we had been chosen for V, my whole life just shifted. When we are making decisions it is  with the goal of how it will affect life with the little guy. Our biggest joy will be introducing him to his family and friends.


Telesa and I went to Babies R Us to start a registry because we have been asked by folks if we will register somewhere for gifts. I started crying as we were filling out the papers because this was something that I had in some ways convinced myself would never happen. It was such a blessing to be able to just scan for an ear thermometer. As you can imagine Telesa was horrified that my tears would not stop flowing. I just kindly reminded her that she had a few pyscho moments in Babies R Us when she was pregnant with Q.


I cannot wait to tell everyone about how our visit goes and what it is going to be like to go through these holidays as parents. When I think about how adoption is different it makes me think of a few things that are just amazing and they go like this:


1. I do not have to wait 9mths to meet my son.
2. I do not have to go through labor and Matt gets to avoid the hospital.
3. Our child will always be able to know that we chose him and the world chose us to find him.
4. That he will come with an amazing foster family that will be extended family to us.


Oh, there are a tons of reasons why I cannot be happier about adoption but those are the big ones. Who knows the way our family will grow but one thing we know for sure is that our hearts are bursting with love and excitement for V.



No comments:

Post a Comment