Thursday, October 6, 2011

On the eve of our second formal interview...

Tomorrow morning we will wake up at 5 am and get dressed to drive a bit away from home to interview for V. Right now though our house is incredibly loud with the American League Playoffs and a husband who does not want a word said in fear of missing something in the game.

When I arrived home from a day at work, it was amazing to see that Matt had taken the time to do all of the yard work and decorate for Halloween. The funny thing is that this morning before I left for work, I was thinking about how we had not put anything up for a favorite holiday. Then I walk into the house and smell something wonderful..that turned out to be roasted duck and veggies in the oven. Seriously I could not have been more shocked or happy. It is the little moments like this that I am really overwhelmed with the things I have to be grateful for.

So the interview will start at 9 tomorrow and there is a possibility that we could have the answer on if we are chosen for V by the end of the evening. We are probably every emotion that you can imagine. There was positive feedback from our interview with M and M. We learned that it will be a few weeks before the give the final decision but that they were impressed with us. Funny how something that small was enough to bring extreme joy and faith that we are making the right steps for our family.

Tonight I finished the photobook that many of you have heard about me talking about on my facebook. When we were not set to interview and we had no idea what children could possibly come to our home, I struggled with finishing the project. It became so much easier when I thought about wanting to show M and M or even V what their life would be like. I cannot even imagine how overwhelmed we will be when the final call comes in and we become parents.

Until that call it is more uncomfortable clothes, interviews that feel all kinds of strange and lots of waiting.

Oh and a small taste of our night time Halloween house. Wouldn't it be lovely to bring home the newest little family member to this:

No comments:

Post a Comment