Thursday, September 22, 2011

Our baking night.

Most of the times you can find me being a pretty grateful wife to my husband. Other times you can find me being somewhat mushy. Tonight is a somewhat mushy. I will admit ahead of time that my husband is not a lots of words, touchy feely type person...but...right now as I type this, he is baking cookies for a Children's Miracle Network bake sale for his work tomorrow. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with gratitude that my partner is willing to do anything to provide for his family and to care about others.


We are really excited for the upcoming week because it is a step for the changes that will be coming. On the 29th we have an informal visit with V's caseworker. Basically she will come to the house and chat with us. That will follow by October 7th of a formal interview. This means that we will sit with a panel of all of the people important to V and they will decide if we are the right pick. That means by October 9th-ish, we will know if we have been chose to parent V. 


While all that is going on we will interview for M and M on the 30th! It all feels like a ton but we are constantly reminding ourselves to breathe. As the interview days approach I will be cleaning every surface over and over. I may go crazy once or twice about our interview clothes. My wonderful friend Erin can attest to the fact that I have already started being crazy worried about the clothes. She gave me some great advice of avoiding the twin set and pearls:)


As the insanity of interviewing and transitioning begins, I will remind myself that my life can be as calm and happy as it is right now. Okay, maybe not always this calm, but at very least just as blessed. 


My last add on for this post is a couple of photos that I found on a great website called www.pinterest.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment