Saturday, September 17, 2011

Adventures in sore throats and cartoons.

I have to admit that last night was not the shining example of how I plan on parenting. There in lies the problem that I should probably toss any "plan" of parenting and just go with it. My nephew Q has a wonderful way of being the center of  lives when he is around. He managed to get a cold and then as most children are amazing at doing send along his cold to his dad, mom and aunt. Of course for me any cold turns into strep. My tonsils have been on fire but knock on wood no where near as bad as they normally get.

You may be asking yourselves what any of this has to do with my parenting plans. Telesa wanted to attend a bachelorette party of a childhood friend last night and we got to spend the night with Q. I am a fan of co-sleeping and it had always been part of the "plan"...though I am jumping ahead of myself. Last night I was the furthest I could possible be from fun and playing Aunt Brandy, so we went to bed and watched lots and lots of tv. I even broke down and let us fall asleep to spongebob. See where I am going with this yet? Moving along to the finally falling asleep part and then into co-sleeping. WOW! does this kid move. It brought back all of the memories that I have stored away of sleeping with Telesa and being kicked and punched ALL night long. Finally at 5:45 this morning when Matt got up for work, we pushed the bed against the wall and passed out. By 6 am I had decided that maybe I hated co-sleeping with a passion. Thankfully by 10:00 when we woke up comfortably I loved it again.

Here is a picture of Quentin helping his Uncle Matt cook! The mixer happens to the funniest thing in the universe.

I am a big planner. I like to map out everything. I think this may be convenient seeing as that my husband is much the same way. Though if Q shows us anything it is that we have to get over that and FAST. So what that we let him watch a ton of TV and that he kept us up all night sleeping sideways. He is a really happy kid with parents who love him and family that could not imagine time without him. That is really the only plan that is important with whatever children become our "forever children". We want them to feel loved and secure, even if it goes against my plan.


Update Adoption News!
We have great news coming up on the horizon for adoption. After receiving and email from a caseworker we learned that people were trying to contact us via the house phone. We had totally forgotten that we had a house phone and rushed downstairs to plug it in. There were multiple calls for interviews!!! On the 29th of this month we will have an in home interview for a 5 year old named V and then on the 30th an interview for two boys M and M. It looks as though when it rains it pours and we are going to be blessed with our plan free family hopefully by the end of the year.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. yes plans do go out the window.But thank god for you.You and Matt will be wonderful.Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete