Friday, January 20, 2012

All sorts of new adventures coming up.

Hello everyone!
It has been a couple of weeks so I have updated and like normal in our crazy house there are
lots of new things that have taken place and even more to come. Right now the boys are downstairs and I have officially taken a short day sabbatical of being mom. I have to admit right
away that I'm not doing a good job at it and will promptly return my role once this blog has been posted. So much for thinking the grass is greener on this side :)


First off school is going so well. V is a child who cannot wait for the next school day. Even after going for the morning, he is ready to go again by mid afternoon when the big kid buses start rolling through our neighborhood. His teachers are really on board with our goals for him and everyone has been very nice. I could not be more grateful for the school process thus far. Like any mom I have great hopes for him and I know that he has so much potential.


The biggest event that is soon to take place is that we are moving. Yes, we have not only tackled the holidays, being new parents and everything else..but now add moving to that list. Our current landlord has decided that she no longer wants to be a homeowner and is selling the house. It was certainly an out of the blue decision on their part and that left us looking for a new place. Me, being the queen of find places( I did not give myself this title, a fantastic friend did) was able to find a place that is going to work out for all of us. Today in fact we go to sign the lease and get all of that secure. So no sooner then we can blink an eye it will be time to pack up this house and on to the next stop.


I'm a bit sad about leaving the house because we have been really happy here. We got to bring V home here for the first time and spend that first family night together. We got to bring him home and say welcome to where we live. He got on the school bus here, had a first Christmas. All sorts of things that we won't forget. I have to remind myself that we are a family and we will move together and ultimately this is just a house. We are going to start working on talking to him about the new place and get ready for that big transition.


Speaking of all things amazing...last Sunday was his Welcome Home party and he did amazing! We were able to have family and friends come together and meet V and of course he was overloaded with some great new toys, books and clothes. I think it was very evident that he was one special little guy that day. I could not have imagined a better event thanks to Telesa and Rusty! As soon as I can start posting pictures of V, I promise to overload everyone!


Owl Cake made by Joan. We love talented family members!

V loved his Car's Rice Crispy Cake! His name was on the hood and really adorable!




Until then here are some photos that I can post! Enjoy!





Everything was car themed for the most part. Except for some owl stuff for his mama:)






















V is Cars crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment