Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Birthdays, Move Days, and Christmas Days!

We are officially three days away from the big forever move home day. In some moments it feels as though just yesterday I was emailed our transition schedule and wondered how in the world we would make it two months and then it feels as though the time has flown by. We have perfected working through our four days to get to him coming home in warp speed. Each weekend has been a new learning experiencing and more moments that we fall even more in love with V.

Already our lives have been so different and so amazing because of him. Our "honeymoon" phase is just about over and the word no comes a little more often and grumpy pants are put on, but for anyone who has adopted you know that feeling of just breathing. The grumpy moments are when we really focus on being a family and not being on eggshells. When it is 5:30 am and I beg for him to watch Sprout so that mama can close her eyes for a few more moments, it feels real.

This past Friday I had the pleasure of turning 30. I always said that if I was not a mother by 30 that I was just going to give up the dream and make a very big radical life move and take off to somewhere. Little did I ever know that on my birthday I would walk up to the door and there would be my husband and son. Matt did an amazing job of not only having V armed with flowers and a card, but also my birthday present in his pocket. Let me tell you all that he could have had pocket lint to hand me and in the moment it would have been gold.

As our move in date approaches we get to do so many 1sts as a family. Putting up a Christmas tree, cooking dinners together, Christmas shopping, lots of movie snuggling time and V meeting our families. Being parents around our friends and family has been really beautiful. On Friday morning when we pick up our son for that final transitioning moment he will be meeting my mother for the first time. I can only imagine that she will be just as nervous as we were that first time. Then V will shine those big brown eyes at her and she will melt.

People tell us that we saved his life and the truth of the matter is that he saved ours. There is no present and no moment that will be an more important then those times that he yells for Mama!!!! down the hall or when Daddy comes to the door and his laughter turns to babble from excitement. Our child is our blessing and this holiday we hope that everyone else finds just as much joy as we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment