Saturday, November 19, 2011

Adventures in hugs.

Today we went to the mall to see Clifford and Santa. This did not go the way I envisioned. So instead of going on and on about how I had hoped for a different event I will say what I'm grateful that it has taught me. I am blessed because even though my son was over-stimulated and tuned into his mama being upset with other people, he needed me to feel safe and happy again. It doesn't matter that he did not have any desire to dance along or even sit in the seat. What matters is that by the end of the day he is happy and giggling.

After we left the mall we went to visit daddy. When we got close to his work he started saying Daddy Work! over and over. Seeing his joy when he is with my husband makes all the difference in the world. We are a family and that means we stay beside each other. I have lots to learn and every new experience is a way for us to figure out what we all need to get through the day.

We are so lucky to be with this beautiful boy and that is more important then people not understanding us or him. In fact all we can do is pray for the people who are not as blessed as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment