Wednesday, August 31, 2011

31st Birthday Celebration Adventure!

Today around our house is the celebration of the worlds best husband (well, for me at least). The day started with Telesa and Q making breakfast. Then on to an uninterrupted 3 hours of White Sox baseball. The gifts have been opened and let me tell you that gift giving in this house is a combination of all things strange. I can only hope that any children that we become the parents of can appreciate how we do gift giving in this house. Matt was the happy recipient of a collector JFK plate (He is really into JFK stuff. I admit I don't get it), an antique mushroom cookie jar, and old postcards of Colorado. See I told you it was strange.

Matt is pretty much set on ignoring that a birthday is here. It is not because he is in denial about his age, but more that he does not really see the big deal for birthday celebrations. I have to say now that he will be in for a big surprise when we have children and how nuts birthday time can become.

I know that most wives think their husbands are the best. I can easily say that I am really blessed to have Matt for a husband and someday to be lucky enough to be a parent with him. Yes, he can be shy and awkward but he has a heart of gold. I am blessed to celebrate the birth of a man who stands right beside me and loves me unconditionally. It is not every day that you find someone who is willing to be your partner no matter what. As I think about how exciting it will be to get ready for a birthday for either of us with our children, it warms me to my very being to know that Matt will embrace the family we make and never look down on me for not giving birth to our family.

So with all of my long winded typing it comes down to HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!


No comments:

Post a Comment